Digital and Social media campaigns
Our client, Oban & Lorn Tourism Association (OLTA), approached us and asked us to manage their Growth Fund campaign, match-funded by Visit Scotland.
To promote Oban to the millennial demographic through a digital and social media campaign – aiming to attract young tourists to visit the town.
Campaign activities included:
- Researching the target market
- Planning the campaign
- Planning the storyboard for the campaign
- Planning who and what would be involved in the campaign
- Liaising and organising video and photography shoots to capture young individuals, exploring and enjoying all that Oban has to offer – from water sports such as kayaking and seafari tours, to more laid back activities such as eating, drinking and ceilidh dancing.
The wide variety of activities captured ensured that we were able to market to a variety of individuals within the millennial age range.
We then went on to use the images and videos to strategically implement the planned marketing campaign through a series of social media posts and advertisements, in order to reach the KPI’s set out by VisitScotland. We were also given a significant advertising budget to use through OLTA’s social media platforms.
Other marketing activities undertaken within the campaign included:
- Organised influencers to visit/stay/eat in and around Oban
- Set up data capture competition with – in line with GDPR requirements
- Created millennial friendly itineraries – legacy material for future usage
KPI benchmarks and achievements included:
|Increase organic reach from 1,706 to 3,000 per month||Increased by 35% per month|
|Increase average engagement from 117 to 230||Exceeded each month, one month reaching 19,545|
|Achieve click through rate of 5,000||Reached 7,234|
|Increase paid reach from 1,591 to 4,000||Page reach was exceeded each month with individual posts reaching between 300,000 and 905,779|
|Increase instagram followers from 2,104 to 4,200||Reached 4,348 by end of campaign|
|Achieve click through rate of 6,000||Achieved 7,506
Achieved 4,992 with a personal link in the instagram bio
Bringing the total to 12,498
|Achieve a total reach of 250,000||Achieved 3,522,047 by the end of campaign|
|Increase average watch time from 416 to 832 minutes||Achieved 63,861 it total over all platforms|
|Increase average view duration from 53 seconds to 1 minute|
|Increase average monthly video views from 467 to 934||Averaged 247,368|